Labels

#sol16 (32) apart3d (12) apartdrawing (19) art (11) bootcamp (6) Digital Citizenship (1) ela (2) genius hour (9) gr3 (4) gr4 (34) gr5 (98) gr6 (53) gr7 (4) gr8 (1) gr9 (12) homebase (10) math (24) Math Enrichment (3) pe (17) reading (1) readingworkshop (1) rla (6) science (14) slc2016 (9) social studies (1) spanish (49) ss (10) strings (6) studioart (14) teched (2) video (10) writing (17)

Sunday, 22 February 2015

Lego Tower


The Lego Tower

     In this challenge in Math Enrichment, I had to find out how much the tallest Lego tower in the world costs. First, I estimated the cost, my estimate was $25,000. Next I looked at three different packages of Lego. Set A has 405 pieces and costs $28.99, Set B has 704 pieces and costs $44.97, and Set C has 650 pieces and costs $26.95. The best deal is Set C, and the total cost of the tower will be $20,751.50, and that is the smallest price. I found out that spreadsheets must be magical. We made formulas to multiply and divide for us because the numbers were so big.  Also, when we found the total amount of sets, the number had a decimal, and I know that we can't get only part of a set so we rounded the total sets up because we're better off with too much than not enough. My answer is: The tower will cost $20,751.50 (Set C).

No comments:

Post a Comment