Labels

#sol16 (32) apart3d (12) apartdrawing (19) art (11) bootcamp (6) Digital Citizenship (1) ela (2) genius hour (9) gr3 (4) gr4 (34) gr5 (98) gr6 (53) gr7 (4) gr8 (1) gr9 (12) homebase (10) math (24) Math Enrichment (3) pe (17) reading (1) readingworkshop (1) rla (6) science (14) slc2016 (9) social studies (1) spanish (49) ss (10) strings (6) studioart (14) teched (2) video (10) writing (17)

Sunday, 15 March 2015

Bryony's Triangle ME

First, watch the video for problem: http://youtu.be/ptCTq2aAeo0 
Here is how I solved it: First, I divided the whole square into sixteenths, so I wouldn't have to divide that much. Next, I divided one sixteenth into half, so I got one thirty-second. Then, I divided the one thirty-second into half, so I got one sixty-fourth. I continued on dividing each fraction in half until I got to one five hundred-twelfth. I noticed that one five hundred-twelfth was the same size as the small colored in triangle. Therefore the fraction of the smallest triangle is five hundred-twelfth.



No comments:

Post a Comment