Labels

#sol16 (32) apart3d (12) apartdrawing (19) art (11) bootcamp (6) Digital Citizenship (1) ela (2) genius hour (9) gr3 (4) gr4 (34) gr5 (98) gr6 (53) gr7 (4) gr8 (1) gr9 (12) homebase (10) math (24) Math Enrichment (3) pe (17) reading (1) readingworkshop (1) rla (6) science (14) slc2016 (9) social studies (1) spanish (49) ss (10) strings (6) studioart (14) teched (2) video (10) writing (17)

Thursday, 11 November 2021

Gallery Visit (1, AP-3D)

Question: How do we ascribe human values and morals to animals based on their behaviour?



Committed - Beth Cavener Stichter


1. This work, like all of Cavener's work, is a visceral depiction of the human condition using animals. Although Cavener goes at her work from a much darker, intense angle, I can take some inspiration from how she chooses specific animals for each experience or emotion she represents.

Instead of representing human emotions and behaviours using animals, I'm showing how humans view animals based on ANIMAL behaviours.


2. In this work, you can clearly see the forms formed into the clay. Although this makes the work less realistic, I feel like the animals appear more organic. I tried to implement this with the ribbon-like mane on the horse, and will probably do something similar going forward.


Frilled Lizard & Dancing Brolgas - Ray Besserdin


3. In Besserdin's paper works, you can see how structured they are. Each piece is carefully fitted together to create a delicate yet strong cohesive whole. I think I can use paper in the same way

4. Although there is no colour, the two animals are full of life. I feel like colour would detract from them. Because of this, I plan on keeping all of my paper works entirely white (unless there is another medium involved as well) so the focus is on form.

Grizzly Bear - Bud Bullivant


5. By going over areas multiple times, Bullivant creates weight in his sculptures. In a similar way, I might experiment with different thicknesses of wire to create line weight in my wire work (sort of like drawing!)







No comments:

Post a Comment