Labels

#sol16 (32) apart3d (12) apartdrawing (19) art (11) bootcamp (6) Digital Citizenship (1) ela (2) genius hour (9) gr3 (4) gr4 (34) gr5 (98) gr6 (53) gr7 (4) gr8 (1) gr9 (12) homebase (10) math (24) Math Enrichment (3) pe (17) reading (1) readingworkshop (1) rla (6) science (14) slc2016 (9) social studies (1) spanish (49) ss (10) strings (6) studioart (14) teched (2) video (10) writing (17)

Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Debate!: Blog Reflection

1. Describe debate you participated in?
It went well. Statements were well delivered, and my team's arguments were strong. I think I did well in PIPES, and I'm proud that I improved.

2. Describe the learning process start to finish.
First, we got our partners and topics, and decided with the other team who got opposition, and who got proposition. Jessica, my partner, and I, were nice to the other team and took opposition, despite it being harder. Then, we used MIDAS notes to research our topics, and get information for our claims. Then, we transferred our information on a planning sheet with claims, reasons, and evidence. Finally, we had the debate.

3. What was it like defending your side? What did you find particularly challenging?
I found my topic hard to defend, because it's not something I agree with. I think that for our topic, I had some strong points.

4. What do you think your debate team was successful at? What were you successful at?
I think that my debate team had good ideas that connected to the main topic. I think that I  had good PIPES, and said my lines well during the debate.

5. What do you still need to work on as a debater?
I think that my PIPES were much better, but I still need to improve, and add more PUNCH to my PIPES.

No comments:

Post a Comment