Labels

#sol16 (32) apart3d (12) apartdrawing (19) art (11) bootcamp (6) Digital Citizenship (1) ela (2) genius hour (9) gr3 (4) gr4 (34) gr5 (98) gr6 (53) gr7 (4) gr8 (1) gr9 (12) homebase (10) math (24) Math Enrichment (3) pe (17) reading (1) readingworkshop (1) rla (6) science (14) slc2016 (9) social studies (1) spanish (49) ss (10) strings (6) studioart (14) teched (2) video (10) writing (17)

Thursday, 29 August 2019

Egg Compostion

Midway Reflection:
My main feedback was to develop a background, because I was planning on keeping it mostly solid. My group said that adding a table or countertop could further develop the story, which was one of my goals.
They liked the way I had the two elements taking up mostly even space giving my piece more balance.
Some feedback I would give myself (that's a bit too late to act on) is I wish I had zoomed in further on the subjects, perhaps cutting off the edges of them more.


Final Version and Reflection:

I'll start with my concept. Honestly, I didn't have much meaning in this idea, I just wanted to draw my dad coming out of an egg. I felt like the piece needed more of a story, which was one of my goals, so I drew a hand reaching down for him. The reason for the hand is to show that no, he is not a normal-sized man emerging from a giant egg, he is a tiny man emerging from a normal-sized egg.

Now for the successes of this piece. I, as well as my group, think that a strong point in my piece is the attention to detail, especially in the face, hair, and clothes, of the man in the egg. Although it was a tedious task drawing each line in the stripes of his shirt, I think the result was worth it. Additionally, I'm proud of the way I implemented the last-minute flying papers to fill the white space. I think that I placed them in a way that leads the eyes in a curved shape from the hand to the egg. They also filled all of my extra space nicely. A smaller thing I was proud of was the subtle spots in the texture of the egg.

I had a lot of struggles and there's a lot I would change. The biggest thing is the composition. I had a lot of white space (I'm pretty sure it's more than 25%.) I wish I had zoomed in a little, making the subjects take up much more space. I also wish I shaded darker on the egg, which doesn't have a very good range of values. Finally, the texture of the wood is a bit lacking in terms of being realistic. I did rush it a bit, but I could of varied the lines a bit more to appear more organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment