Labels

#sol16 (32) apart3d (12) apartdrawing (19) art (11) bootcamp (6) Digital Citizenship (1) ela (2) genius hour (9) gr3 (4) gr4 (34) gr5 (98) gr6 (53) gr7 (4) gr8 (1) gr9 (12) homebase (10) math (24) Math Enrichment (3) pe (17) reading (1) readingworkshop (1) rla (6) science (14) slc2016 (9) social studies (1) spanish (49) ss (10) strings (6) studioart (14) teched (2) video (10) writing (17)

Tuesday, 2 February 2021

Sustained Investigation: Half Way

 Inquiry Question: How does lighting affect the narrative of a portrait?

 Has my Inquiry Question Changed: Yes, originally it was "how does lighting affect the narrative of (any) piece of art?" As I worked, I realised I was only drawn to the way the colour, quality, and position of the light source can show someone's story or personality, so I changed my question to only include portraits.

What's Next: I think my trajectory right now is in the right direction. I've been working on incorporating more interesting stories or meanings behind the lighting.

What have I Noticed: I noticed that Jennifer said that all of my sustained investigations included colour, whereas I only thought a few did. I think I need to focus more on the textures I create. Also, I thought more of my pieces represented composition, but Jennifer didn't. I might need to reconsider some of my approach to composition.





No comments:

Post a Comment