Labels

#sol16 (32) apart3d (12) apartdrawing (19) art (11) bootcamp (6) Digital Citizenship (1) ela (2) genius hour (9) gr3 (4) gr4 (34) gr5 (98) gr6 (53) gr7 (4) gr8 (1) gr9 (12) homebase (10) math (24) Math Enrichment (3) pe (17) reading (1) readingworkshop (1) rla (6) science (14) slc2016 (9) social studies (1) spanish (49) ss (10) strings (6) studioart (14) teched (2) video (10) writing (17)

Thursday, 18 March 2021

Sustained Investigation #8

 Question: How does lighting affect the narrative of a portrait?

Idea: I really loved the lighting I designed for this particular dance in IASAS, Wink Murderer. I used bright intense white face light, like the interrogation lights in movies. The subtle red and blue side lights add a sense of mystery, as well as the multiple "teams" in the game wink murderer: The killer and the victims.

Materials: Acrylic on masonite, sketched with pencil.

Process: Although I already had a piece based on stage light, this one is different because I actually designed the lights used. Also, instead of the light representing the subject's personality, it conveys a story.

Reference Images:

Process Shots:







Final Work:


No comments:

Post a Comment