Labels

#sol16 (32) apart3d (12) apartdrawing (19) art (11) bootcamp (6) Digital Citizenship (1) ela (2) genius hour (9) gr3 (4) gr4 (34) gr5 (98) gr6 (53) gr7 (4) gr8 (1) gr9 (12) homebase (10) math (24) Math Enrichment (3) pe (17) reading (1) readingworkshop (1) rla (6) science (14) slc2016 (9) social studies (1) spanish (49) ss (10) strings (6) studioart (14) teched (2) video (10) writing (17)

Monday, 8 March 2021

Sustained Investigation Two Thirds

 

 
 

Synthesis 

Ideas: Overall, my idea was to convey how the lighting of a portrait can tell a story about the person depicted. In some cases, this story is a more obvious situation, such as being trapped inside a closet with only a sliver of light from the outside world. Other times, the story is a more subtle story about the subject's personality, like craving attention from the stage light.

Materials: For all of my pieces, I used oil pastel and acrylic. Although oil pastel is a dry media, it is soft enough to create a paint-like texture. Because of this, the different pieces have a similar texture which creates synthesis.

Process: During this process, for many pieces, I took inspiration from my work as a stage lighting designer, applying lighting methods I use in the theater to create certain moods or stories to my art. I also took some inspiration from lighting techniques used in film and television.


Hiccup

My favourite hiccup was when I went through three colours before I found the colour of the clothes in my angel painting. Originally, it was pink. I quickly realised the pink looked terrible against the green background. Then, I went with yellow, which looked nicer, but I wanted to make it more clear that there was two pieces of fabric, the actual robe and a shawl on top. To do this, I made the main part sort of orange-pink and the shawl yellow.




No comments:

Post a Comment