Labels

#sol16 (32) apart3d (12) apartdrawing (19) art (11) bootcamp (6) Digital Citizenship (1) ela (2) genius hour (9) gr3 (4) gr4 (34) gr5 (98) gr6 (53) gr7 (4) gr8 (1) gr9 (12) homebase (10) math (24) Math Enrichment (3) pe (17) reading (1) readingworkshop (1) rla (6) science (14) slc2016 (9) social studies (1) spanish (49) ss (10) strings (6) studioart (14) teched (2) video (10) writing (17)

Tuesday, 2 May 2017

End of Cluster Reflection

Movement Pattern: Striking & Rotations
Social Respect Focus: Effort

Look back over the past 3 units (Softball, Badminton, Tennis),and take a moment to reflect on your experiences and answer the questions below.


Review the rubric on the Striking & Rotations movement pattern and give yourself a score. Striking & Rotations Rubric
Exemplary
Meeting Expectations
Approaching Expectations


                                                                 

  1. Why did you give yourself this score?
In badminton, I think that I probably was at a meets, because I hit the shuttle most of the time, had good follow through and aim (by the end of the unit), and stayed in ready position.

However, in tennis and in softball, I think I was at an approaches. In badminton, I had trouble hitting the ball accurately, and in tennis, I needed to work on keeping my racquet at the right angle, and parallel to the ground.


  1. What is one thing you learned about the Striking & Rotations movement patterns?
I learned that in badminton, you can look through the racquet and see the shuttle to hit it, and I found that interesting.

In softball, I learned that you have to turn your body when you hit the ball.

In tennis, I learned that it's different from badminton because you use your whole forearm, and keep your wrist stiff.


Review the rubric for Social Respect: Effort and give yourself a score (Click here for Effort rubric)
Exemplary
Meeting Expectations
Approaching Expectations

                                                     

  1. What score did you give yourself and why?
I think I deserved a meets because I identified where I needed to improve, tried my best to improve. For example, instead of giving up and believing I could never do it when I couldn't even hit one ball against the wall in tennis, I tried my best and eventually improved until I could hit three.

  1. What is one area of Effort you need to continue to work on and why?

Giving 100% effort in class despite skill level and background. Sometimes, I didn't try as hard as I could have, because I didn't think I could do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment